Dr. Hrishikesh Kumar
Head, Department of Neurology
Parkinson’s disease and Movement Disorders Program
Institute of Neurosciences, Kolkata, India
Major Achievements : (Honors/Awards/ Publications)
- Founder President of Parkinson’s Welfare Society of Kolkata
- Co-author of Canadian guidelines on Parkinson’s disease 2012
- Queens Square-Indian Academy of Neurology fellowship, 2006
- Patricia Harris award for the best studentship in NHNN, Queens square for year 2006-7
Publications: Several publications in National and International journals and Books
Membership to Professional Bodies: MDS, MDSI, IAN, AAN; President of Parkinsons Welfare Society of Kolkata
Other interests: Advocacy for Parkinson’s Disease, Sports (Long distance running, chess, badminton).
- Hrishikesh Kumar (MD, DM) received doctoral training from India in Internal Medicine and in Neurology in 2001 and 2004 respectively
- He received fellowship training in Clinical Movement Disorders and Motor Neurosciences at Institute of Neurology, UCL, London (UK) and UWO, Canada.
- He received Patt Harris award for the best studentship at Institute of Neurology, Queens Square, London in 2006-7.